Last year, fellow Aussie blogger, xofatima of Lipsticks and Coffee, kindly shared some love via the One Lovely Blog award. Seeing as mGm was all of three months old and still building readership, this came as a (welcome) surprise. Thank you xofatima!
I wasn’t able to accept the award at the time as I didn’t know many other blogs to nominate. And to be honest, while I appreciate the recognition, I also recognise that blog awards are also about self promotion. Which is not to say I am ungrateful, rather, that I don’t take myself too seriously 🙂
Accepting the One Lovely Blog Award:
- Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
So here we go with the 7 things . . . .
- I have an acute sense of smell. This is more problematic than helpful (see #3)
- You won’t catch me dead with long nails, Manicures are a rarity but I do keep neat and tidy
- Strong, heady perfumes give me almost instant migraines (Fracas, I am looking at you)
- To go someplace new is my most favourite thing to do, ever
- I have an artistic bent and love to sketch, play music and read old books
- I don’t get the fuss about Ryan Gosling, I just don’t
- (Good) coffee forms part of my basic food groups
Nominated blogs (I didn’t do the full 15, yes, I’m a noob)
Bug’s Beauty Blog – Ahalya does some pretty awesome EOTD and I can’t help but be biased towards a quality blog that represents fellow WOC so well. And she’s Aussie, nuff said!
I’ve Got Cake – Dana probably lacks no support if the number of followers is anything to go by. She has style, sass and a narrative that is compelling. Check it, out, she will make you laugh (and drool at her recipes).
Scatterbraintures – I mean it in the nicest way when I say Rae is a woman after my own heart because we are both lazy 🙂 She loves matte lipsticks as much as I do and her fuss free style makes it easy both to relate and take her advice on good products.
Boxy Town – ok, so we’ve established that I lean towards bloggers that are of a similar complexion. Paro is an Indian UK- based blogger with great reviews and photos.
The Spice Adventuress – another thing that should be bleeding obvious to you is that I love food. Check out Dhanya’s exotic recipes that always inspire me to cook more creatively.
The Urge to Wander – I feel a little silly for nominating Madhu when she is so well established and has awards left, right and centre. No surprise though: her travelogues truly evoke that sense of adventure, mystery and excitement courtesy of her classy writing and stunning photography. You will be awed!
Low Carb is Lekker – those of you who read my Banting post will know I follow a low-carb-high-fat diet. Inè’s blog is my go to for LCHF food inspiration and advice on the diet when I am having a confused day on the eating plan.
That’s a wrap.
No pressure to all nominees to accept or acknowledge. This was a bit of fun and I am humbled to have been nominated.